a bit of bicycling

the important bits

  • View my daily photo update from my 2017 trip around Africa here.
  • View my daily photo update from my 2012 trip across America here.
  • all the gear, but no idea

    I heard the saying recently, and decided it was entirely applicable in this case!

    This post may not be of interest to most, but I wanted to provide some of the more nitty gritty details in case someone else is planning a bicycle trip and would find this useful. So below is a photo of my bicycle, and list of what I'm taking.



  • rear rack for bicycle
  • small bag for rear rack
  • front and rear lights
  • map holder
  • bicycle computer for keeping up with mileage
  • water bottles
  • camelbak
  • tools for changing a flat
  • spare tubes
  • spare tire
  • 4 bike jerseys
  • 3 bike shorts
  • tights
  • arm warmers
  • rain jacket
  • bike shoes
  • bike shoe rain covers
  • 4 bicycle socks
  • helmet
  • rear view mirror
  • bike gloves
  • warm, waterproof bike gloves
  • bike sun glasses
  • sun block
  • chapstick
  • tire irons
  • chain lube
  • frame pump
  • electric tape
  • tweezers
  • zip ties
  • tire patch kit
  • extra cleats
  • small first aid kit
  • camera
  • small plastic bags to keep stuff dry in my bike bag on rainy days
  • shower cap to put on my bike saddle at night
  • light weight lock to carry with me on the road
  • headband
  • chamois butter
  • lotion
  • 3 shirts
  • 2 shorts
  • jeans
  • a sundress (it is me after all!)
  • 2 socks
  • underwear
  • flip flops
  • shower shoes
  • tennis shoes
  • sun hat
  • laundry bag
  • ear plugs
  • eye mask
  • roll of quarters
  • laundry soap
  • tent
  • camping elastic clothes line
  • bottle brush
  • tent ground cloth
  • flashlight & extra batteries
  • toiletries
  • sleeping bag
  • bed sheet
  • mattress pad
  • quick dry camping towel

    And all of this fit in two duffel bags!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment