a bit of bicycling

the important bits

  • View my daily photo update from my 2017 trip around Africa here.
  • View my daily photo update from my 2012 trip across America here.
  • break in burton

    I woke up pretty early to make sure that I was downtown in time for my fingerprint appointment. As the guy took my fingerprints and asked me about my summer and I told them of my travels so far, the secretary overheard us and handed me $5 as I left. Seriously… I don’t even have to try anymore. People are just throwing money at me… I don’t know what changed!!

    After my fingerprints, I went back to Brian’s house and slept for several more hours. I woke up to an amazing home-cooked breakfast and we spent much of the day just hanging out and relaxing… it was perfect. Brian’s family took several of the other bikers downtown to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I ran errands to get my visa application ready to send off – I’d gotten a lot of stuff done, but there are still a few things I need to get in order before I can send in the application.

    I drove back to Burton and left the rental car at the agreed location. Geena and I ate dinner at a diner in town that was decorated with records and license plates hanging all over the wall. It had a juke box and served burgers and the like. I then stayed at the Goodwin Bed & Breakfast with Caitlin and Geena, and it was amazing to again sleep in a bed! I have been completely spoiled on this rest day! :o)

    I didn’t get to see much of Burton as I was at Brian’s family’s for much of the time, but a just a snippet about it taken from Daria’s blog:
    Burton is a delightful small town with a population of 1,450. A sizable percentage of the population is Amish. The center of town features a town square patterned after the village greens of New England.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment